Friday, April 13, 2012

Devils on Hatchback

One of my favorite things to do for dinner is to make a few different appetizers.  The possibilities are endless, and with a bunch of small bites, your taste-buds never get bored.  I've long been a fan of jalapeño poppers, so I when I stumbled upon the recipe Devils on Hatchback from Food52.com, I couldn't wait to try them.  They are  a decadent twist on the classic popper, incredibly easy to make, and are sure-fire way to impress guests.  The recipe can be found here

I have always followed the recipe when I've made these, but next time I plan on stuffing the pepper with Gruyere rather than cream cheese.  One piece of advice: make sure to use a baking sheet that has sides! The first time I made these, I used a flat cookie sheet and grease from the bacon dripped off the side, into the oven, and I thought my apartment was going to burn down.  No worries, it didn't, but I don't want anyone else to have the same mishap!

Mmmm little spicy, cheesy, bacon-y, honey-sweet Devils.



Do you have any favorite appetizer recipes?

6 comments:

  1. I am drooling right now! Spice, cheese and bacon; what more can you ask for!! I recently started to cook more, I'll definitely be trying this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all my favorite foods in one. Oh my lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. I like your appetizer dinner idea, I might have to try that, I've never just made a bunch of appetizers for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! Bacon, cheese, say no more. I am definitely going to check out that website. Ever since my microwave broke, I've been looking for delicious snacks to make in the oven. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really are as delicious as they look and sound!

    ReplyDelete