Thursday, March 1, 2012

Laid-back Lace

Polyvore is my latest love interest.  It is a tool for creating collages of clothing and accessories (outfits, really, or "sets" as the site calls these collages).  It's very user-friendly - you can look up clothing on the site by store, brand color, style, etc., and it suggests similar items (for example, if you click on a lace top, three other similar lace tops will be suggested below).  Links are provided so that you can buy the item(s) online (this is probably a very dangerous feature for shopaholics like myself).  Another feature I love is that you can pin your own ensembles to Pinterest and let me tell you, it is a real ego-booster when other people re-pin the look you've created (within 15 minutes, my outfit already had 7 likes and 18 re-pins!).  I always have outfit ideas in my head, and Polyvore is the perfect instrument for me to create a portfolio of looks without tearing apart my closet or spending hours browsing different clothing sites.

Below is the first set I've published since joining the Polyvore, called "Laid-back Lace."  The look was inspired by my search for the perfect pair of boyfriend jeans, a lace top that I recently purchased from Madewell, and my overwhelming desire to dress for spring.


Do any of you have Polyvore accounts? If you do, follow me: shannon-oneill! :)

6 comments:

  1. I do not have an account, but I will by the end of today!

    P.S. The earrings are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, right now I'm pregnant and I'm having the hardest time finding maternity clothes that are excellent quality, affordable and look great. I know there are maternity stores in the mall but often times they're out of the large sizes that I need. This place is like an electronic store of pregnant Yummy Goodies and I can pull together maternity outfits right from my computer. I can try the look before I purchase, NICE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I am :)

      Delete
  3. FYI...the first picture in this link shows the top I actually purchased:

    http://fashionista.com/2012/03/exclusive-sneak-peek-at-madewells-spring-2012-catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. For many weeks now, I have tried to resist the black hole of my spare time that would be Polyvore.
    I may not be able to resist much longer...

    ReplyDelete