Thursday, March 8, 2012

Makeup Musts

I have what some people might call an excessive amount of makeup.  That being said, I like to keep my daily makeup routine simple by using the same, basic products each day.  I clearly have an obsession with Stila - it started when I bought the hot pink (self-adjusting!) blush pictured below, and I slowly added more and more of their products to my makeup bag.
Makeup Musts
 I begin with Stila's Perfect & Correct Foundation in Medium.  I like it because it covers more than a tinted moisturizer, yet is not as heavy as other liquid foundations (it's also great for oily skin!).  Then, I brush on just a bit of Stila's Shade 1 bronzer.  I have light skin, but this bronze is perfect for me all year round - whether I'm tan or not.  Something I love about all of Stila's products is that the color/shade/darkness of the product is dependent on how much you apply.  This is also true for their Custom Color Blush in Pink.  At first, the brightness of the pink looks intimidating, but this is the best blush I have ever used and it looks great on every skin-tone.

After applying my face makeup, I move onto eyes.  I don't always wear eyeshadow during the day, but if I do, I use either Stila's Kitten (pictured) or Oasis depending on what colors I am wearing.  Both are very sheer shimmer eyeshadows; Kitten is on the pearly side while Oasis is a nude-gold.  After shadow, I swipe on some of Stila's Stay All Day waterproof liquid eyeliner (in Intense Black).  A lot of products claim to be waterproof, but this eyeliner truly holds up to that claim.  It has the perfect tip for creating thin lines, thick lines, and cat eyes.  I am BIG on mascara and very picky about it.  I have experimented with almost every brand I could find - from Dior to CoverGirl - but I have found that Benefit's They're Real! is the best mascara on the market.  It creates thickness, length, and curl - a girl couldn't ask for more!

Finally, I gloss my lips with Stila's Lip Glaze in Grapefruit.  I like bold lip colors, but for daytime looks, I find that this is appropriate and goes fabulously with my skin-tone and natural lip color. 



What are some of your Makeup Musts?

1 comment:

  1. SO happy you have a blog Shanni! I dig that blush color. I use one from MAC that's called fluer-power that is super bright pinky too but I looove it! I'm gonna copy you and try this :)

    ReplyDelete