Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's in a Name?

Before creating Fully Fed. Finely Fashioned., I knew what types of things I wanted to post, but I never imagined that naming it could be so difficult.  I wanted the name to capture the essence of my page, but I didn't want it to be limiting.  I came up with a list of possible names but none of them seemed quite right.  "Behind Clothed Doors" was a top-runner, but I felt it limited me to a blog just about clothes - not one about clothes, food, entertainment, daily experiences, and everything in between.  Also, I Googled the name to see if it was already being used, and sure enough, Rachel Zoe had an article using the term.  I'm not Rachel Zoe's biggest fan, so I decided to move on to the other names on my list. 
Some of my options were:
  • Eat, Drink, and be Shannon (like eat, drink, and be merry - get it? Would've worked better had my parents named me Mary)
  • Adored & Adorned (taken)
  • Fabulously Average (taken)
  • Ensembles, Edibles, Etc. (got the "essence" perfectly, but I didn't like the flow)
After a day of brainstorming, I finally settled on Fully Fed. Finely Fashioned.  I shouldn't say "settled", though, because I don't feel as if I settled on this name; actually, I'm quite happy with it.

And so a blog is born! I'm excited to start posting outfit ideas, makeup tips, recipes, photos from my Holga camera, and other musings (and I'm sure more than one picture of my cat, Milo, will sneak itself into my posts).

See what I mean? Sneaky cat.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the outfit ideas! I spend way too much time choosing outfits. I am actually late most of the time because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post is super interesting. We were all in the same predicament about what to call our blogs, so to see your process of choosing a name was fun to read.

    ReplyDelete