Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cords & Cortadas

This past Friday was gorgeous, and I wanted my outfit to reflect the sunny day.  While jeans are generally considered the go-to bottoms for casual-Friday ensembles, I opted for vibrant flame colored cords.  I paired them with a black boyfriend cardigan layered over a chambray shirt and for shoes, leopard print flats.  Because of the color of my pants and the print on my shoes, I decided to keep my jewelry and accessories to a minimal and wore just a simple pair of pearl studs.  On their own, each piece I wore can serve as a basic (in fact, all of these articles are some of my most frequently worn pieces), but they can also work together to create a casual, yet stylish, outfit.

Gap cardigan, J. Crew chambray, J. Crew cords, BP. flats

After Friday's classes, my boyfriend and I grabbed some coffee from Render Coffee and went for a stroll in the South End.  Render, on Columbus Ave., has been open for a few months now but Friday was my first visit.  My Cortada (below) was delicious, and the chai latte that my boyfriend ordered was undoubtedly the best I've ever had.  While Friday was our first visit, it will most certainly not be our last.  Luckily it is just steps from our apartment, and I am looking forward to becoming a regular.


2 comments: