Wednesday, May 2, 2012

End of the Semester Daydreams

The end of the semester is always tough.  As if the overwhelming amount of work isn't bad enough, the end of Spring semester always has me anxious for summer - summer clothes, summer weather, summer vacation, and summer fun! I still have two and a half weeks until my last final is over and I can finally say "sayonara" to this semester, but there are a few things I've daydreaming about and knowing that I have a few things to look forward to is getting me through the last days of the semester.

1) A weekend in Newport, Rhode Island

For Mother's Day, my family and I are spending a weekend in Newport.  We're going to brunch at The Landing, spending some time in town, then going to a wine tasting in the afternoon.  I'm hoping the weather will be great...I'd love to wear a sundress!

2) Earthfest with Third Eye Blind

As if Earthfest isn't great enough, this year Third Eye Blind (and some other quintessential 90s bands) are playing! Say what you will, but I absolutely love 3eb.  I've paid money to see them in concert, so to see them for free, and outdoors, is going to be great.  Earthfest is Saturday, May 19th at the Hatch Shell.

3) A Trip to Key West
After finals are over, my mom and I are taking a trip to Key West.  It's part 21st-birthday present and part annual summer vacation.  I can't wait to do nothing but sit on the beach with a drink for a week straight!

4) My Friends Are Coming Home!
My two best friends, Ari (top) and Jen (bottom) both studied abroad this semester...and so have all of my other close friends.  Ari has been in London and Jen has been in Australia.  Going a semester without seeing your best friends is terrible and I've been waiting for them to come home ever since they left! I'm so excited to finally see them, and everyone else, again!



 What's getting you through the final days of the semester?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun!! i love it when the end of the semester comes. luckily i'm off this semester doing an internship. but what is getting me through is getting married soon!
    where do you go to school?

    andrea brionne @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete